The information/text/media found on StolenMaps.com, are provided “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED.
StolenMaps.com is a Travel & Photography related information site/portal that has been developed as a free service. Like any other service, in spite of our best efforts the information on this website may become out-dated/inappropriate/incomplete over time.
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you subscribe to our newsletter, fill out a form or put a comment on the site. When subscribing to our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address or website URL (optional). You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you subscribe to our newsletter, fill out a form or leave a comment.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one (or more) of the following ways:
To personalize your experience: (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs).
To improve our website: (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you).
To improve customer service: (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs).
To send periodic emails: The email address you provide may be used to send you information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information. We also implement “https” using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) certificate to protect your data. The SSL security measure is efficient enough to even keep your card-details safe. (We, however, do not ask for any card/bank/payment detail anywhere, in any form/way on this site)
Yes (Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain (insensitive) information.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect our’s or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Personalized advertising (formerly known as interest-based advertising) enables advertisers to reach users based on their interests and demographics (e.g., “sports enthusiasts”), etc.
Google’s use of advertising cookies enables it and its partners to serve ads to you based on your visit to our sites and/or other sites on the Internet.
You can opt-out of personalized advertisements by visiting:Google Personalized Ads Settings
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Article 5 of the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)requires that personal data shall be:
1. processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to individuals;
2. collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes; further processing for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes shall not be considered to be incompatible with the initial purposes;
3. adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed;
4. accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; every reasonable step must be taken to ensure that personal data that are inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, are erased or rectified without delay;
5. kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed; personal data may be stored for longer periods insofar as the personal data will be processed solely for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes subject to implementation of the appropriate technical and organisational measures required by the GDPR in order to safeguard the rights and freedoms of individuals; and
6. processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures.”
->The site StolenMaps.com is compliant with the new GDPR Laws with effect from 25 May,2018 for visitors from EU.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
Do we let third-parties, including ad networks or plug-ins, collect PII from children under 13? : No
We adhere to the following COPPA tenants:
• Parents can review, delete, manage or refuse with whom their child’s information is shared through contacting us directly.
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
• Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
To be in accordance with CAN-SPAM, we agree to the following:
• Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
• Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
• Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
• Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
• Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
• Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If you’d like to get featured in our Bloggers Interview Section, drop an email to: [email protected]
Just send us the pictures, video and exact text you want us to publish.
Featured Posts are meant only for Bloggers (Individuals or groups) and will talk about the person(s), works, trips, stories, adventures, etc. only. We only allow links to your blog and social-media profiles, YouTube channels, etc. & do not promote products/services (except the blog, of course).
We use affiliate links (Amazon,etc.) on this site. This will always be related to the post and something that will benefit the reader. If you buy something from the link, we will get paid a certain commission (with no extra cost to you) decided by the third-party. We make sure the product is appropriate and in interest of our visitors/readers. We do not use cloaker of any kind.