Thousands of Photo Editing apps are now available across various platforms like iOS & Android. Most of them are pretty simple and efficient to use, but lack many vital pro-features you’ll need to create pictures your heart desires.
Things considered while choosing best photo editing apps:
Editing tools, filters, presets, etc. obviously are the most important criteria. Capabilities of all photo editing apps are decided by the tools they provide.
Simple, easy to understand interface is very important for any application. Interface is an essential criteria.
Many apps have complicated process for important images. Moreover, some editing tools don’t support importing at all. How can you edit photos if not able to import them?
Photo Editing apps should provide dead-easy sharing methods for common online platforms, especially social media.
Only a few apps deliver all the features needed to make make photos look professionally edited. So why settle for less when you can get the best apps for a fair sum of money. Keeping above listed criteria in mind, here is the list of 5 Best photo editing apps —
Snapseed is a popular Image Editing Application by Google. The app has made into most of the ‘Best Photo Editing Apps’ lists all over the Internet. Snapseed is my personal favorite.
- The app comes with a lot of features like basic RAW development, White-balance Tweaking, Brush & Transform, Vignette, Curves, Image Healing, applying HDR, Glamor Glow tool for a softly-lit glow and many other tools for fascinating enhancements in your pictures.
- Snapseed edits images non-destructively & provides tons of filters. If you’re someone who prefers flexibility in editing images along with a playful interface, Snapseed is the right place for you.
- Snapseed comes with a cool tool (yeah, that rhymes!!) named ‘Expand Tool’. The tool “creates” portions of the frame which were left out (not captured). It, basically, clones the neighboring pixels & fills out-of-the-frame portions with what it thinks might have existed there.
Snapseed is absolutely free to download and use, without any kind of in-app purchases or subscription charges. Available for both iOS & Android.
Check out all the lists named “Best Photo Editing Apps” online and I bet that VSCO will be among 90% of them.
- A great selection of user-friendly image adjustment tools. Beautiful and subtle one-tap presets.
- VSCO’s presets are designed to emulate Modern and Classic Analog films.
- Common filters like brightness, contrast and exposure — are complemented by more advanced controls over split tinting, perspective, and faux film grain which make your photo look really amazing.
- Presets like exposure, contrast, saturation, temperature, vignette color and many other enhancements.
- The strength of every filter can be adjusted to suit your taste.
The app provides a wide range of free filters, but you might have to spare some bucks for premium filters to make your photos stand apart from the rest.
There’s a subscription option available for about USD $20 per year called VSCO X (Pronounced “Visco-ex”). Subscribers get access to all VSCO filters, new Film X presets along with some exclusives, such as some True Film Emulation Filters.
Available for both iOS & Android.
FaceTune is among the most popular photo editing apps. Here are some key features you should know:
- Wide range of tools for all your editing needs. Customizations are easy.
- Ideal for editing portraits and selfies. You can brighten teeth or even widen your smile with this app.
- It’s editing tools can easily be used to edit skin defects like blemishes or pimples.
- Of course, important tools like exposure, contrast, saturation, temperature, vignette color, etc. are included.
PicsArt suddenly became very popular for editing selfies to share on instagram and facebook. Here are a few features of it:
- Allows to create animated GIFs to share on social media.
- Great app for editing portraits and selfies. You can add “Magic Effect” to your photos.
- Importing images is easy and the interface is simple and quite intuitive.
- Available across iOS, Android and Windows Phone platforms.
Prisma is one of my all time favorites and is a must-have application for all art lovers.
- Prisma works simply by uploading a picture and applying filters that imitate an art style, whether it is anime, pencil art, Van Gogh, Picasso, Levitan and many more world famous ornaments and patterns.
- Prisma recently introduced a new feature for selfies— Background Clipping.
- If you’re interested in Photography, Artistic works & Special Effects— Check out Prisma’s amazing interpretations and lots of choices to turn your pictures into stylized artworks.
The Prisma iOS app is free to download (and use) and is definitely a top-notch application of its kind. Available for both iOS & Android.
Image Credit: The featured image of this post— “Material Photo Editing App” is owned by ©Luca Burgio. All rights belong to the owner of photo.