- Blanket — Kambal
- Breakfast — Naashta
- Clean — Saaf
- Dirty — Ganda
- Floor — Manjil
- Key — Chaabi
- Lock — Taala
- Luggage — Samaan
- Money — Paise
- Room — Kamra
- Sheets — Bistar
- Towel — Tauliya
- to deposit — Jama karna
- to stay — Rahna/Rukna
- I’d like a room for two please. — Mujhe do logo ke liye kamra chahiye.
Mujhe (I) | do (two) | logo (people) | ke liye (for) | kamra (room) | chahiye (need/want).
- We need to stay for 3 days. — Hume teen din rahna/rukna hai.
Hume (we/us) | teen (three) | din (day/days) | rahna/rukna (to stay).
- It is too expensive. — Yeh to bahut mahenga hai.
Yeh (this) | bahut mehanga (too expensive).
- Can you offer me some discount? — Kya aap mujhe kuchh discount de sakte hain?
Aap (you) | mujhe (here means: me) | kuchh (some) | aap de sakte hai? (can you give?)
- Have you got any cheaper room? — Kya aap ke paas koi sasta kamra hai?
Aap ke paas (with you) | koi (any) | sasta (cheap/cheaper) | kamra (room).
- Is there AC in the room? — Kya room mein AC hai?
Kya (here means: is there) | mein (here means: in) | hai (literal meaning: to exist).
- Can I see the room, please? — Kya main kamra dekh sakta hu?
Kya main — sakta hu? (here means: can I?) | dekh (see).
- You’re in room number 23. — Aap kamra number teis(23) mein hain.
Aap (you) | kamra (room) | mein (in).
- The air conditioner is broken. — AC kaam nhi kar rha hai.
Kaam (work) | nahi (no/not) | kaam nahi kar rha hai. (means: not working/ not doing work).
- Will you give me an extra pillow? — Kya aap mujhe ek aur takiya denge?
kya aap (here means: will you) | muhje (here means: me) | ek (one) | aur (extra/more/another) | takiya (pillow) | denge (give). Remember: “Aur” also means and, like ‘bread and butter’ becomes ‘doodh(milk) aur makkhan(butter)‘.
- Can I have some toilet paper? — Kya mujhe thoda toilet-paper mil sakta hai?
- I need more towels. — Mujhe aur tauliye chahiye.
Mujhe (here means: I) | aur (extra/more/another) | tauliye (towels) | chahiye (want/need).
- Where is the restaurant? — Restaurant kahan hai?
- Where do you serve breakfast? — Naashta kahan milega?
Naashta (breakfast) | kahan (where) | milega (here means: get/serve) .
- At what time do I need to check out of the room? — Mujhe kis time tak room khali karna hai?
Mujhe (I) | kis time tak (here means: by when) | khali (empty/vacant) karna (do).
- I’d like to check out, please. — Main room khali karna chahta hu.
Main (I) | khali (empty) | karna chahta hu (want to).
- Prepare my bill please. — Mera bill bana dijiye.
Mera (my/mine) | bana (make/prepare) | bana dijiye (requesting to make, more like: please make).
- There’s a mistake in the bill. — Bill mein kuchh galati hai.
Mein (in) | kuchh (some) | galati (mistake).
- Can I pay by credit card? — Kya main credit-card se paise de sakta hu?
Kya main paise de sakta hu? (here means: Can I give money?) | se (here means: by) | paise (money) .