- Breakfast — Naashta
- Plate — Thali
- Dessert — Meetha
- Food — Khana/Bhojan
- Vegetable — Sabzi
- Rice — Chawal
- Chapati — Roti
- Pickle — Achaar
- Spoon — Chammach
- Water — Paani
- Tea — Chai
- Curd/Yogurt — Dahi
- Money — Paise
- Table — Maez
- Chair — Kursi
- Clean — Saaf
- Dirty — Ganda
- Is there a good Rajasthani restaurant nearby? — Kya aas-paas koi achha Rajasthani restaurant hai?
Aas-paas (nearby/around) | koi (any) | achha (good).
- Where is the restaurant? — Restaurant kahan hai?
Kahan (where) | hai (literal meaning: to exist).
- How far is that restaurant from here? — Yahan se wo resturant kitna duur hai?
Yahan se (from here) | wo (that)| kitna duur (how far).
- Can you take me to that restaurant? — Kya aap mujhe us restaurant tak le jaa sakte hain.
Aap (you) | mujhe (me) | us (that) | us restaurant tak (to that restaurant) | le jaa (take).
- Can I see the Menu? — Kya main menu dekh sakta hu?
Main (I) | dekh (see) | kya main —– sakta hai (Can I?).
- Which item is special in your menu? — Aapke menu mein konsi cheez khaas hai?
Aapke (your) | menu mein (in the menu) | konsi (which) | item (cheez) | special (khaas).
- What is your specialty? — Aapki specialty kya hai?
Aapki (your) | kya hai? (literal meaning: what is?).
- Bring me a glass of water. — Mere liye ek glass paani lekar aaiye.
Mere liye (for me) | ek (one) | paani (water) | lekar aaiye (please bring).
- Would you like to have something to drink? — Aap piine ke liye kuchh lena pasand karenge?
Aap (you) | piine ke liye (to drink) | kuchh lena (here means: have something) | lena (here means: have) | pasand karenge (here means: like to).
- Yeah, a coffee for me. — Haan, mere liye ek coffee.
Haan (yes) | mere liye (for me) | ek (one).
- Yeah, I would like a coffee. — Haan, main ek coffee lena pasand karunga.
Haan (yes) | main (I) | ek (one) | lena pasand karunga (would like to have).
- Have you chosen already? — Kya aapne chun liya hai?
Kya aapne (have you) | chun (choose).
- What would you like to have? — Aap kya lena pasand karenge?
Aap kya (here means: what you) | lena (have) | pasand (like) | pasand karenge (would like).
- Would you like a starter? — Aap starter lena pasand karenge?
Aap (you) | lena (have) | karenge (here works for: would).
- One minute, please. — Ek minute rukiye.
Ek (one) | rukiye (stop/stay).
- I don’t know yet. What do you recommend? — Mujhe nhi pata. Aap kya salaah denge?
Mujhe (here means: I) | nahi (no/not) | pata (know) | salah (advice).
- Can you bring the bill please? — Kya aap bill laa sakte hain?
kya aap (can you) | laa skte hain (bring, not the correct translation).
- Where can I pay the bill? — Mujhe paise kahan dene hai?
Mujhe (here means: I) | paise (money) | kahan (where) | dena (to give)
- Prepare my bill please. — Mera bill bana dijiye.
Mera (my/mine) | bana dijiye (please make).
- There’s a mistake in the bill. — Bill mein kuchh galati hai.
Bill mein (in the bill) | kuchh (some) | galati (mistake).
- Yeah, it’s okay now. Thank you — Haan, ab sahi hai. Dhanyawad.
Haan (yes) | ab (now) | sahi (correct/right).